refined sugar-free, delicious, and super customize-friendly
1 cup of pitted dates (packed)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup nut butter (I like peanut, almond, or cashew) + 1/2 tsp salt if it isn’t a salted nut butter
I like these add-ins (handful or more of any) sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, walnuts, coconut, etc.
You can add dried fruit, chocolate chips, seeds, nuts, cocoa… literally anything!!
- In a food processor, blend dates until they form a round doughy ball.
- Optional: you can toast your oats, nuts, and seeds all together in the oven for 15 mins at 350. I just like the flavour!
- Put your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small pot, warm the honey and nut butter (+salt) over low heat until smooth. Pour over dry ingredients.
- Add date dough/ball into mixture. Blend thoroughly, until dates are evenly distributed throughout.
- Press firmly into a baking pan (8x8 works well), and put in freezer for 10-15 mins or until set.
- Take out of freezer and cut into desired shapes/sizes.
- These keep in the fridge/freezer for a very long time :)